I suggest you ...

Keys in linux don't get sent properly

I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 with Anydesk 2.1.1-1 and when I connect to a Windows 7 computer keys don't pass through correctly. For instance the "z" key shows up as "y". This happens on 2 different devices i use, both Ubuntu 14.04 to Windows 7.

17 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TitusTitus commented  · 

Hello,
        I am running Linux Ubuntu 16.04 LTS on one PC and want to take remote connection from my Windows 7 PC.
        When I am entering single character/key (ex: a), in linux I am seeing two characters there (eg: aa)
        What could be the problem ?
        This problem happens on that Linux Ubunut 16.04 when I do anydesk remote connection.

• WolframWolfram commented  · 

I also encounter key-translation problem coming from a Ubuntu machine.
        1. When connecting to Windows Server and then opening RDP to a 3rd machine the right Shift key doesn't work. The left ones does. This is only though in the RDP session. Ubuntu to Server works fine.

2. When switching windows in Ubuntu with Alt+Tab oder Super+W (only Super/Windows key) I can not type normal letters in my Anydesk session. I have seen "foreign" letters and certain menus popping up (maybe ctrl+"x") shortcuts.

• VeGNUliVeGNUli commented  · 

please when solved mantain low requeriments depends for linux, such libc6 2.7 as minimun or gtk 2.18 or xcb 1.1.1

• PereGPereG commented  · 

Same issue.

Client: Win7 Enterprise 64bit
        Virtual platform: VMWare Workstation 12 and VMWare ESXi 6
        Guest OS: Debian 8 32 and 64bit

Also other keymappings change places, - gets remapped to where [ should be (US Kbd) etc.

It's a QWERTZ mapping, but doesn't look like standard German kb to me, ü should be after p (i.e. where - is now mapped). Also other umlaut characters are missing. Not that that's important, just an observation :)

• CVCCVC commented  · 

I think that for the linux distribution the anydesk team are using a German Keyboard layout

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

i have the same problem, but both systems i use have the same os (ubuntu 14.04 lts)

Feedback and Knowledge Base