I suggest you ...

Fix the the issue whereby the viewer's clipboard contents intermittently appear on the presenter's clipboard

Fix the the issue whereby the viewer's clipboard contents intermittently appear on the presenter's clipboard. This occurs with no interaction by the viewer.

With this bug, the most recent clipboard contents from the viewer's machine becomes the clipboard contents on the presenter's machine. This occurs after infrequently (approximately once per hour) and the presenter had been copying and pasting frequently as part of text editing.

This is a security concern for the viewer as the viewer may unintentionally expose information (passwords on the clipboard etc.) to the presenter.

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    David Bond shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Daniel Abbatt commented  · 

Confirmed that the clipboard is sent when the presenter is running ditto. Whatever the viewer copies into their clipboard appears in the presenters clipboard.
        A very big security hole as it's very unlikely the viewer would want this to happen!
        This also confirms that the viewers clipboard is being transmitted regardless of the settings in AnyDesk and that the receiving AnyDesk client is filtering it out based on settings.

This does indeed seem to be related to using the ditto clipboard client.
        This implies to me that although the interface denies sending clipboard data through that the data is in fact being sent behind the scenes, otherwise ditto would have no visibility of it.

http://ditto-cp.sourceforge.net/

This is still happening in 2.6. It's not intermittent at all by the looks of things.
        Viewer connects to presenter.
        ANY text the viewer copies into the clipboard immediately appears in the clipboard of the presenter.
        Both machines set to not copy to clipboard.
        Both machines running ditto clipboard manager in case that's of any help.

I have exactly the same problem as this. The contents of my clipboard occasionally gets dumped onto the presenters clipboard. It doesn't seem to be affected by anything I'm doing, i.e. it could have been something I copied 5 minutes ago and have not touched the mouse/keyboard since. Meanwhile the presenter has been copying and pasting lots, as part of changing text, and then suddenly my clipboard is his.

Feedback and Knowledge Base