I suggest you ...

Remove Requirement For Admin Rights

So after 12 months of use push has come to shove.

We need to be done with this "can't interact because not administrator" issue. If the user running AnyDesk can access an application so should we be able to access it when connected.

If this isn't fixed our business will be dropping AnyDesk. We've persisted, we've hoped for fixes, but not seen any improvement in this regard. It is, unfortunately all too common to find ourselves logged in but unable to interact with anything and it's frankly not acceptable. We *know* the competition doesn't suffer the same fault, so whilst we love the performance of AnyDesk the interaction faults are a deal breaker.

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Paul shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminAnyDesk (Supporter, AnyDesk Software GmbH) responded  · 

Thank you for your bug report and patience.
    If AnyDesk is installed, you should be able to control all programs. If not, it is a bug. Please contact us if this is the case so we can investigate the issue.
    If AnyDesk is not installed, it has to be started as admin in order to control admin programs. You can also use the “request elevation” feature during a session.
    There is no official way for a Microsoft Windows program to control programs running as admin without being started itself as admin. This is a security feature of Windows.
    If there is a competing solution which solved this somehow, please tell us the name so we can investigate further.

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Paul commented  · 

Sorry, 8 months not 12. It's an indicator of the scale of the pain it causes - it *feels* like it's been 12 months as we wait for an improvement in this regard.

As further evidence of the non-functional nature of this issue, I'll illustrate the lengths we've gone to:

We did not purchase a competitor upgrade as a result of purchasing AnyDesk and I have, so with said competitor we are a version behind current release. On more than one occasion I've gone so far as to use my phone as a hotspot, connect a laptop, install an Android emulator on the laptop and connect to a client using the competitor product within that Android VM. Because AnyDesk failed to work.

Feedback and Knowledge Base