I suggest you ...

keyboard does not respond after some time of work

I test AnyDesk just now, most of features works fine but I noticed one big issue. After some time of work keyboard stops to respond. I can still see my client's screen, can use mouse but can't write anything. Any ideas? I use 2.5.0 on 64bit Ubuntu. My clients - windows version.

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Piotr shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jason commented  · 

I would give this issue a dozen votes if I could. I have to use v2.7 on Linux because the app steals keyboard input after my mouse leaves the Anydesk window. On Linux Mint 18.1 and 18.2 (Cinnamon 3.2, 3.4 respectively), I see this confirmed in my xsession log.

Cjs-Message: JS LOG: pushModal: invocation of begin_modal failed
        Cjs-Message: JS LOG: pushModal: invocation of begin_modal failed

I think this makes anything above 2.7 unusable until this bug is fixed. There is a way to work around it in Cinnamon by moving my cursor back in the window, and out a second time, but this is tedious and irritating when I have work to do. I think more QA should be relegated to the Linux ports.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Only first character is typed on remote host.
        Source and target OS: Windows 7, Anydesk version: 3.2.4

• cnorrby commented  · 

is there any fix for this issue?

• Md commented  · 

what a strange issue, after downgrading to 2.6.1 the keyboard also acted strange.

• Md commented  · 

Previously same config on ver 2.x doesn't have weird keyboard issue. Key combo doesn't work, and left arrow is interpreted as something else, backspace doesn't work. Like all messed up. The first session after PC boots it's all fine, but after a while it stops working even after restarting the session.

• Md commented  · 

windows 7 to windows 7 same issue. Version 3

• Piotr commented  · 

so far it looks like Linux ver. 2.6.1 + 3.0 on client machine and problem is gone

• pab commented  · 

Any way to solve this? I had exactly the same problem

• Tyrone Lucero commented  · 

another gui-downs interoperability problem

• Michael Sayer commented  · 

I had the same Problems. I'll send you the log.

• Piotr commented  · 

for which the e-mail address can I send my log? (it's 5400 rows listing)

• AdminAnyDesk (Supporter, AnyDesk Software GmbH) commented  · 

Hi. Can you send me the anydesk log so I can look into this issue? You can find it in ~/.anydesk/anydesk.log. Please strip all personal informations from it (ID and Alias) before sending.

Feedback and Knowledge Base