I suggest you ...

still a lot of problems on Linux :(

Many administrators who support companies from the IT side use Linux. Customers use Windows. Therefore, it would seem that Linux - Windows connection should be the most important element of the remote help program.

since Apr 15, 2017 no progress with keyboard, and still a lot of another bugs with Linux Version...

1. The most important: Continuous keyboard problems. The customer connection everything is OK for a few minutes. After this time the keyboard starts to crash. The keyboard mapping is transformed. Many characters stop working, others do not display the characters they should. The left mouse button starts to work as the right mouse button by displaying the context menu instead of executing commands. The only solution is to restart connection every few minutes, but then you need to configure an unauthorized connection, and this is not always possible.

2. When I try to contact the client via a chat, I write text to him and he has no clear information that I am writing a message to him. A discreetly flashes minimized icon at the bottom of the screen, but a window with clear information should pop up! The customer does not know that I want to contact him so I have to call him by phone. Why is there a chat for?

3. No dark themes support. I use many applications on Linux, all support dark layouts, Anydesk is the first one who can't do it and announced by email that he doesn't intend to do anything about it: (( Why??

Distributor ID: LinuxMint
Description: Linux Mint 18.2 Sonya
Release: 18.2
Codename: sonya

Linux 4.10.0-32-generic x86_64

17 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Piotr Kuczyński shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Vincent Sneyers commented  · 

Still having the issue too... I'm using Anydesk for more than one year and mainly on Linux and it's quite annoying

• Erwin Rol commented  · 

Tried from W7-EN to W7-DE that also has the problem. If I use ~ (shift+key left of the 1 key, on my keyboard) the remote machine seems to have its shift key stuck. And there seems no easy way to get the keyboard working normally again.

When I install a EN keyboard on the remote machine and select 1:1 mapping than it works OK, but than the user of the remote machine also has a EN keyboard layout, which isn't really useful.

I was really happy with the nice lean linux version of anydesk, but this is a bit of a show stopper, because I have to deal with both EN , DE and CH keyboard layouts.

I have no problem paying several 100 euro for software, but not if key features (no pun intended ;-) aren't working.

• Erwin Rol commented  · 

Still massive keyboard problems when connecting to a machine with different keyboard layout. I am using linux with a US keyboard to control win7 with a DE keyboard and all symbol keys like ~`" will mess up the w7 keyboard layout that it looks like the shift key is stuck.

Used versions 2.9.5 RH7 and 3.6.3 W7

• cabral.nuno commented  · 

One of the things that happen to me is that when I have Anydesk open, I can't write on my own PC.
        I have to shutdown the connection and start again.
        I use Kubuntu 16.04 and 17.04.

• Nick W commented  · 

Hello,

> The new Version was released yesterday
        > and should resolve the keyboard issue ...

There are huge keyboard problems, still (v2.9.5), from Debian (9 amd64 xfce) to other Debian and Windows 7. On the Debian remote station, the keyboard layout is completely garbled after disconnecting – not good!

See my longer comment at http://support.anydesk.com/forums/251923-general/suggestions/20331580-bad-keyboard-translation-when-connecting-from-ubun

AnyDesk is completely unusable for me, if I connect to a remote machine with a different keyboard layout (~50% of my work).

• Piotr Kuczyński commented  · 

#1 - OK, thanks - I will test it carefully...
        #2 - still without progress, when type any message by chat, minimized icon only flashes on client side. It's very difficult to see that any message awaits to read
        #3 - OK, it would be nice... dark themes are very popular by Linux users

my Linux version 2.9.5
        client Windows 3.6.1

• AdminAnyDesk (Supporter, AnyDesk Software GmbH) commented  · 

Hello, Thanks for your message. Number one should be fixed with the next release, also number 2 has been improved (it was a bug that occured on some desktops only like e.g. in XFCE). Number 3 is a known issue and requires some rewriting of GUI code.

Feedback and Knowledge Base