UAC screen bug
When Anydesk in launched as single user, we can't click when local user run a program as administrator :
1) it seems to be wanted, but it will be cool if local user could allow this option
2) when the local user launch a property that need admin rights, windows changes screen to black with a box like "do you allow ..." (UAC) but we can't see this page and so we can't help local user even by phone ; he must tell us what he see !!
We plan an option sp AnyDesk can be configured to display UAC prompt directly on startup, which will allow to control other UAC dialogs.
In the moment, this is not enabled by default so AnyDesk can be started on machines where the user has no admin right.
If AnyDesk is started manually as admin user, controlling UAC dialogs should already be possible.
Go to Action on top of Any desk and select proxy authentication. Here can enter admin credentials.
As I wrote before, when your are properly licensed, you can easily workaround those problems by customizing anydesk (check "Request elevation on startup (UAC )") on the Anydesk portal.
SECOIT GmbH commented
The whole UAC thing is what bothers me most with AnyDesk.
The only way for a connection to work properly is when the user has admin rights and starts AnyDesk with admin rights.
Examples (all of them where user starts AnyDesk w/o admin permissions):
- On my PC I hit "Request elevation" Button, user confirms. This works for one UAC dialog only.
- On my PC I hit "Request elevation" Button, user doesn't have admin permissons. This causes the connection to be lost and user hast to Quit AnyDesk and start again
- User has admin permissions. Any screen that causes a UAC dialog to pop up and user confirms the dialog AnyDesk will be "read only" for the rest of the session, not only for the elevated window.
Solution: User has to close AnyDesk and open it again.
Any there are many other problems I recognized. Basically any time the remote AnyDesk client is started w/o admin permissions it causes all kinds of issues.
AFAIK, if your are properly licensed you have access to the Anydesk portal where you can customize your "own" AnyDesk so it will automatically prompt for UAC/Admin rights.
Are there any news about this? We need a function for tipping in the admindata right on login to the AnyDesk-Session for the portable version, like on TeamViewer.
UAC Dialog should be always visible, User don't need to be Admin, but the Supporter maybe have the right Password. I don't want to spell Admin-User and Password to the Client.
The behavior should be like sitting in Front of the Computer. UAC Prompt pop's up and then it should be possible to type User and Password.
It seems that this option have been implemented now...