Best Practices for Remote-Desktop Software:
- Check authenticity of your browsed websites. Phishing Pages and malicious downloads may harm your data.
- Note that officials would not remote access your device.
- Do not share access codes to your devices.
- Never react to cold call attempts.
- Never give access to an unknown party, especially when portraying a legitimate company.
- Ask for identity credentials.
- Never react to calls from an unknown origin that want you to reveal information.
- Never reveal sensitive information or banking credentials.
- Be aware that legit corporations never cold call you to solve a problem, you call them first.
- Upon contact with scammers, record details and notify local authorities.
Currently Executed Schemes
Money theft by extracting data in mobile sessions in India:
Technicians from Microsoft want to clean your device from malicious software.
Scammers try to gain trust by pretending to represent a legitimate company. Microsoft will never cold call you.
Alleged Support from AnyDesk wants to solve a bug in Windows. In some cases even if you're on a macOS device.
AnyDesk will never initiate contact with you for support issues. We will only respond to tickets initiated by you. Furthermore, we exclusively provide support for issues within the scope of AnyDesk and do not support any third-party software or products.
To report scam contact: AnyDesk Abuse Management