🚨 Applies only to Windows and macOS users.
💡 Please be aware that all versions of AnyDesk clients obtained from our official sources are safe to use despite the certificate change.
What is a code signing certificate?
A code signing certificate is a digital certificate used to digitally sign software or code. It helps verify the authenticity and integrity of the software by confirming that it has not been tampered with or altered since it was signed. This enhances security and builds trust among users who download and install the software, as they can be confident that it comes from a trusted source and has not been modified by malicious actors.
How do I check if the AnyDesk client is signed with the new certificate?
Below, view the instructions on how to verify the code signing certificate on:
To check which certificate your AnyDesk for Windows is signed with, do the following:
- Open your File Explorer and find the AnyDesk.exe file.
- Right-click the file and select Properties.
- Go to the Digital Signatures tab and check the Name of signer column. The new code certificate is signed by AnyDesk Software GmbH.
If your AnyDesk client has a code signing certificate by philandro Software GmbH, we recommend you to update the client to the latest version. You can check below how to update the AnyDesk client according to the version you use.
🚨 AnyDesk 8.0.0 for macOS is also updated with the new certificate. However, please note that the name didn't change and it remains signed by philandro Software GmbH.
To check which certificate your AnyDesk for macOS is signed with:
- Open Terminal by doing one of the following:
Click the Launchpad icon in the Dock, type Terminal in the search field and then click Terminal.
In the Finder , open the /Applications/Utilities folder and then double-click Terminal.
- In the Terminal, run the following commands:
codesign -dvvvv AnyDesk.app
- Check the Authority=Developer ID Application: row. The code certificate will be displayed here.
What are my next steps?
We recommend you to update your AnyDesk client to the latest version. You can check below how to update the AnyDesk client according to the version you use. For more information on how to update, see Update AnyDesk.
I use AnyDesk 8.0.8 or 7.0.15
If you use the AnyDesk client for Windows (main and stable channel) and if you updated to the latest version 8.0.8 (main channel) and 7.0.15 (stable channel), then no action is needed from your side.
These versions of AnyDesk have already been automatically updated with a new code signing certificate, so you can continue using AnyDesk as usual.
I use other AnyDesk versions
For the customers who use older versions of AnyDesk and don't use the custom clients, we recommend to update your AnyDesk clients to the latest version. You can find the download file on our website.
I use Custom Clients
This simplifies the process of updating your custom client to include the new certificate.
You won't need to create a new custom client. Simply download the one you have previously used and deploy it to your devices. The custom client will operate just like your current version but with the updated certificate.
To update, access the custom client you generated from my.anydesk, download it, ensure it contains the new certificate, and deploy it across your devices.
To get a custom client with the new certificate, follow these steps:
- Sign in to my.anydesk I and go to Files. All previously created custom clients are displayed here.
💡 For my.anydesk II, go to Builds.
- Download the custom client that you used before.
- Verify that the downloaded client includes the new code signing certificate.
- Deploy the updated custom client on your devices.
If you downloaded the same version of the custom client, for example, you had Custom AnyDesk Client 7.0.14 and you download the same version, you will need to first uninstall the existing AnyDesk client before installing the new one. You do not need to delete configuration files, only the AnyDesk.exe file. This only applies to Windows operating system.
For bulk removal and installation of custom clients, you can use Command Line Interface.
Here are some of the CLI commands for Windows that you can run in this case:
|Install AnyDesk to the specified <location>.
e.g., C:\Program Files (x86)\AnyDesk
|Remove the current AnyDesk installation before installing the new one. e.g., when updating AnyDesk manually.
|Update AnyDesk manually (Default for custom clients).
|Disable automatic update of AnyDesk.
💡 You can check the Command Line Commands for other operating systems here.
I use AnyDesk On-Premises
If you use AnyDesk On-Premises solution, you need to download the custom client from my.anydesk and deploy it to your devices again.
The appliance server does not need to be updated.
You can follow the steps above for more details. The custom client will operate just like your current version but with the updated certificate.
What are the latest versions of AnyDesk I can download?
The latest versions can be found on our website. These are:
- AnyDesk for Windows (main channel): The latest version is 8.0.8 and comes with our new certificates. We have rolled out an automatic update to this version. You can also download the latest version from our website.
- AnyDesk for Windows (stable channel): The latest version is 7.0.15 and comes with our new certificates. We have rolled out an automatic update to this version.
- AnyDesk for macOS: The latest version is 8.0.0 and comes with our new certificates. Please note that the new certificates remain to be signed by philandro Software GmbH.
- AnyDesk Custom Client (Windows): The latest version is 7.0.15 and comes with our new certificates. You can also download a new version 8.0.8 using the key-value pair _module=anydesk-8.0.8 in the Advanced section of Custom Client Generator.
- AnyDesk Custom Client (macOS): The latest version is 8.0.0 and comes with our new certificates. However, we have updated all versions available in the Custom Client Generator with our new certificate to ensure that you can continue to use the version you have been using. Please download and deploy this version to your devices. Also, please note that the new certificates remain to be signed by philandro Software GmbH.
- AnyDesk On-Premises: The current version is Windows 7.0.14 and macOS 7.3.0 and comes with our new certificates. The same as with Custom Clients for Windows and macOS, we have updated all versions available in the Custom Client Generator with our new certificates to ensure that you can continue to use the version you have been using. Please download and deploy this version to your devices. The appliance server does not need to be updated.
- Other operating systems: We will be releasing a new version with our new certificates to all other operating systems shortly. Since all AnyDesk versions obtained from our official sources are safe to use, and the certification process for this operating system is different from Windows anyway, please update once available.