AnyDesk is a remote access tool, freely accessible for non-commercial use, to control desktops and other network devices remotely. It’s used by millions of users all around the world.
- Check authenticity of your browsed websites. Phishing Pages and malicious downloads may harm your data.
- Note that officials would not remote access your device.
- Do not share access codes to your devices.
- Never react to cold call attempts.
- Never give access to an unknown party, especially when portraying a legitimate company.
- Ask for identity credentials.
- Never react to calls from an unknown origin that want you to reveal information.
- Never reveal sensitive information or banking credentials.
- Be aware that legit corporations never cold call you to solve a problem, you call them first.
- Upon contact with scammers, record details and notify local authorities.
Currently executed schemes
Money theft by extracting data in mobile sessions in India:
Technicians from Microsoft want to clean your device from malicious software.
- Scammers try to gain trust by pretending to represent a legitimate company. Microsoft will never cold call you.
Alleged Support from AnyDesk wants to solve a bug in Windows. In some cases even if you're on a mac.
- AnyDesk will never contact you for support issues before you've requested us via ticket and provide us with contact information.
- Furthermore, we exclusively provide support for issues with AnyDesk and never
- contact customers for issues like banking or antivirus related.
To report scam contact: AnyDesk Abuse Management