- Help Center
- Error Messages
- Unattended Access
- Permission Profiles
- Administrator Privileges and Elevation (UAC)
- File Manager and File Transfer
- Address Book
- Session Invitation
- Command-Line Interface
- Remote Restart
- Session Recording
- Remote Print
- Keyboard & Hotkeys
- Windows Group Policy
- URL Handler
- Mobile Device Management (MDM)
This error typically occurs when an external application, such as the operating system or a security tool, terminates the AnyDesk session. The underlying causes and potential solutions may differ depending on the operating system.
If you encounter this message while attempting to connect to a Windows device, it's highly likely that a security solution installed on the device is responsible for disconnecting AnyDesk or other remote desktop connections. A typical cause of this issue is anti-ransomware security features.
On the other hand, if you encounter this error while connecting to a Linux device, it may be because of an unsupported display server.
- Whitelist AnyDesk or disable anti-ransomware features on the device.
- Reinstall AnyDesk if the security solution blocks or quarantines the application.
- Ensure that both the login manager and the system are using Xorg to avoid unsupported display server issues.
- Make sure that the DNS resolver resolves AnyDesk URL addresses correctly. See Firewall.