Quick Start Guide
This article gives an overview about the most often used components of AnyDesk during Setup.
Specific topics are linked to the corresponding article for further information.
See also: User_Manual
For single users or small companies.
Mandatory and most often used options on initial setup are: The registration, unattended access as well as the web interface.
- Download and Install AnyDesk on your device. Find the Installation Tile in the Main Window.
- Login to my.anydesk.com using credentials to be found in your Mailbox.
- Copy the license key and paste it in AnyDesk to register your client. See Licensing
- Open the Main Menu and click Change license Key... then paste the key in the Settings.
- AnyDesk will immediately show your new license.
- Create an Alias for your client. See: AnyDesk_ID_and_Alias
Setup unattended access
To make your device available from remote, enable the unattended access. See Unattended Access
- Click Set password for unattended access... in the Main Window
- Open Settings
- Switch to Security
- Unlock Security Settings
- Enter unattended password
- Choose whether saving the password is allowed.
The web interface provides an account to manage the license, registered clients and session history.
With the included custom client generator, create an individual AnyDesk for your specific purpose. See MyAnyDesk_Portal
- Set/change Aliases
- Switch to the Clients tab and choose a client by ID to set the Alias.
- Reset the license key to keep unwanted users from registering
- Open the License tab and click Reset. All present clients stay registered.
- View/terminate active sessions
- Switch to the Sessions tab and click End (all the sessions will be sorted by the end time). Active sessions will display (running).
- Remove clients
- Switch to the Clients tab, choose client by ID and click remove.
- The client will lose the license and switch to free-license.
See: Address Book
- Add users
- Open the Address Book in the upper right corner of the Main Window.
- Choose an Address Book, click Add Entry
- Set tags to filter contacts
- Select a contact, right-click and choose manage tag in the context menu.
- Add tags or drag from the available list.
- Drag'n drop contacts from Discovery/Recent Sessions/Favorites/another Address Book to Address Book.
- Open two Main Windows and put them side by side.
- Prepare the Target Window by selecting the Address Book of your choice.
- Select contacts in the initial Window, drag n' drop them.
- Add a tag to multiple contacts
This setup describes options on top of the basic setup for small business/pro-users,
using multiple sessions and custom clients.
Setup custom client
See: Customize AnyDesk
- preset password for the client
- apply a password in the custom client to make clients available for unattended access.
- upload a custom/company logo
- disabling options. See Custom_Client_Advanced_Options
- Request elevation at startup
- In order to run AnyDesk in Administrator context at startup,
- Disable TCP listen port
- Avoid a firewall warning on systems without Administrator rights.
- REST-API to integrate with CRM or ERP systems.
- All functions on my.anydesk.com are available in the REST-API.
- ISO/Rollout of AnyDesk. See ISO
- Deploy AnyDesk via GPO or Batch script. AnyDesk also provides a Command Line Interface.
- See Automatic_Deployment and Command_Line_Interface
Custom client options for internal deployment
These options are meant for custom clients used within the company internal.
Find options for the custom client in the custom client generator. See Customize AnyDesk
- Assign to license
- The license assigned to the client to automate the step of applying the license.
- Auto add to address book
- When assign to license is active, auto add to Address Book is available.
The client ID is automatically registered to a given Address Book.
- Auto-register Alias
- Automatically register the hostname as Alias instead of typing it manually.
- Disable direct connection
- Disable TCP-HolePunch Connections if necessary due to firewall issues.